Thursday, April 10, 2008

Chapter III – the Aztec helmet, the playing toad and the monstrous fish head

I tried to get some inspiration from David Chatt, Valerie Hector, Kathryn Harris and I wrote down those ideas.
Only last week, with the encouragement of Varda and Omer, I had a turn in my story.
I started playing trying to make an Aztec Helmet.

It then became a jumping toad:




With all these turquoise and aqua colors, also this monstrous fish wanted to join the party (this is the clasp attached to only one spiral end).



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW WOW WOW J`adore!

I am almost speechless. Your work is perfect and stunning!!
The above pic reminds me of a seahorse`s head :-)(before attaching the toad to the collar)

Looking forward to have a closer look at these 2 masterpieces of yours.

bisous

zebra

Morgane said...

Absolument magnifique et ce modele de fermoir est pure merveille bravo !!
Morgane

vezsuzsi said...

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
:-)))

Anonymous said...

Bravo, très joli et très original

froschprinzessin said...

Hello Judith,
really amazing to look on this piece, what a great idea! And what a beautiful result.

Lots of beading-greetings from Hamburg/Germany from Annette

Monty said...

quelle merveille, j'ai resté bouche bé avec ce fermoir, je mets ton blog dans mes favorites

Cyndy said...

Judith,
I just saw the photo of this piece in the latest firemountain catalog, and I just had to come take a look at your blog. The colors, the pattern, the clasp, I just love it!

Cyndy

judith27k said...

Dear Cyndy,

Thank you so much for your comment! Thanks to you I discovered that the collar appears in the 2009-2010 FMG catalog (p.53) and I was so happy :-)
I also discovered your beautiful blog which is also fantastic for me. I am adding it to my favorites!
You create very interesting jewelry and I also like your colors.

Have a beautiful WE and great to have you stopping by.

Judith