Saturday, April 12, 2008

12.4.08 My first polymer clay jewel - "The red kiwi necklace for Rony"




For my friend's birthday (11.4), I spent part of last night making this necklace. I learned so much during the work, which is not clean and there is still much to learn and improve, but yet it was very fun.

I based myself on the excellent french book "Créer ses bijoux en pâte polymère" (Édith Maccotta-Soffiati). I tried the "Collier Kiwi" project (p.42-44) and ended up with this version.
I also found a use for those coral beads I got from Frida. Now I need to think what should I do with all these polymer clay leftovers...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merci, Judith,
Je découvre avec bonheur que tu m'as mise en lien sur ton blog !
Cela me semble tellement incroyable...
J'ai parcouru ton blog un peu vite, ce soir, mais je reviendrai très bientôt pour admirer de plus près tes créations.
A très bientôt,
Anne (le bruit des vagues)

Anonymous said...

This is your first piece?! Fantastic! I like your bold use of color. I can't wait to see what you make next. Make sure to save those left-overs, you can make some great lentil beads with those!

judith27k said...

Thank you Cindy and Anne!

Judith

Smadar's Treasure said...

Beautiful!!! One of my favorite color combinations :)

Smadar