Wednesday, May 27, 2009

27.5.09 Vicki Star's Fuchsia Earrings and Lesley Stanfield's Crochet Fuchsia flower

Mom was so found of the Fuchsia Earrings I made last year that she got them for her 62nd Birthday (It's a Vicki Star design from "Beading with Herringbone Stitch", p.78-87). I really liked them so I decided to make myself as well another pair. I thought to take the same colors but I was finally tempted to try new colors. I prefer the colors of the pair I gave to mom - but I made some useful modifications in the scheme this time, at the sepals connection, which make them fall exactly and neatly just between the petals located underneath.

I recently made with Varda a Fuchsia flower from Crochet which might find a way to meet the earrings in some way ("100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet" book by Lesley Stanfield, St. Martin's Griffin, 2009).

No comments: